|
Monday, June 25, 2007
My First encounter with GPS •
OK, so far MrK has admitted that I am damn good with directions and map and even Mrs Lim my SS/Geog teacher in Sec 4 who was also my mentor acknowledge that my map reading ability is superb as I always got above 8 for map-reading.
During the Thailand road trip, some of my Tokyo walkabout, and other driving directions around singapore and JB, I read the map, very well I should say
Now I have the aid of technology, the Global Positioning System. It is free of charge, all u need to have is a GPSr = GPS receiver which is available in the form of my phone the DOPOD D810, it's really a cool choice now that I think about it..as compared to the O2 atom Life. If u r interested to know more about the setup of GPS inside the dopod and even other PDAs equipped with Bluetooth receiver read HeRe
Even after mY gps is working, I have to figure out how to use the software, called Garmin Que and the other utilities
Maybe if I am good enough and is successful in my tracklog, I will post my track here so that u'll know where did I exactly go.
Well needless to say I am excited about going off for a trip soon n hopefully someday I will be writing maps n go geocaching etc
till then, please pray for me and wish me all the bestLabels: gps, travel
7:52 pm
|