|
TagS
Lombok Bali Trip December 2007
blabber
Road trip 1 (July 2007)
Anniversary dinner
Restaurant review
Kuching Trip (May 2007)
GPS
December trip to Korea n Japan (December 2006)
Shoppin' Buys
Movie Reviews
Travel in Singapore
Book Reviews
Catholics- related
Thailand Trip in March and May 2006
work-related
recently
KUCHING trip: Day 1
So that My friends KNOW that I love their blogs so...
Eastern Dragon Restaurant near Holiday Plaza, JB
Time to Finish Blogging bout mY december trip
Korea trip continues
Day 7 of Japan Korea Trip
My buys
Ajisen
SEOUL
OSAKA
|
bienvenue
hello.
i'm competing at NUSSU travel service travel blog competition.
so make yourself welcome here and vote for me . :]
you'll leave a tag before you go, won't you?
|
WHO I am
Ferreroroche
the travel, eating and shopping addict
the Poor Student
the loved one
the photographer
ferreroroche@gmail.com
> SALE LISTS
My LJ
|
the continuous chain SHOUTS
LInKs
ieat
les DAmes
ChubbyHubby
SmallPotatoes
FrieNds
PaT
Sher
EngHooi
ChYorK
Chee Kiang
El
ViViaN
Jing Ting
Edo
Re2N
MariTa
ErLin
SiYing
MinHwee
TuAn
JoleNe
ErWin
CeDar 4C
Anes
CL
layout by: detonatedlove♥
|
Sunday, June 24, 2007
Kuching day 2 •
While MrK went to Sarawak Cultural Village, I explored the main bazaar, withing walking distance from the hotel as well. Its a stretch of road selling all kinds of sarawak handicraft from pepper, kue lapis, bags, keychain etc



along the way I took some pics of Kuching city in the hot afternoon sun

I also visited the Chinese history museum for some aircon, wanted to go to Sarawak Museum as well as Cat museum, however I can never say I love to visit museum so I didnt go in the end.

the main bazaar area, filled with old shophouses, very quaint feeling

No photographs inside a shop, because some of them are really artworks handcrafted, I love the bamboo carpets but they were too expensive, maybe next time when I have my own house. so i took this pic from outside a shop


I had lunch at the main bazaar itself, some malay cafe selling buffet lunch n other sarawak food, I settled to try sarawak laksa with corn milk, basically just corn with very sweet soya milk even though i like both corn esp on my sushi and I love to drink soya milk, I dont like this combination, it just tasted weird.The Laksa, is full of taoge and prawns n its sour. Not my kind of food, oily and sour and the noodles, or maybe this shop just didnt do it right. oh well I got quite turned off so i didnt try anymore laksa in the next few days

The famous Chinese temple ard main bazaar. Its really a nice shade of red with detailed architecture
At night, MrK brought me to dinner at the famous chinese restaurant in Kuching, the Lok Thien restaurant, above it is another shanghai dimsum restaurant and below it is a Jap restaurant and thai restaurant, all quite notable in that area.
 the very powerful Kuching guide 2007, the place where i took all my recommendations from esp on food

Here is what we ordered : Dumpling soup, some kind of Vege and suckling pig and some BBQ pao from the dimsum restaurant above, ended up too full to eat that pao. we also ordered MrK's favourite : Yang chow fried rice.
the Dumpling soup is nice n fresh, remind me of the one I had in the hotel near Phuket, which reminds me I need to dig up my Thai road trip pictures, although I had shared some in this blog but I really need to write a proper travelogue bout that memorable road trip.
The Vege is done well, still crispy yet soft and flavourful, I am still not very good in describing or remembering vege name so bear with me. Esp because this is a chinese restaurant and since MrK dont really read chinese, ordering becomes at mercy of the waitress. We just asked for her recommendations
the Suckling pig is good too and best of all cheap, I dont remember much because suckling pig taste like that to me. I think gourmet food should be enjoyed in moderation so that it leaves u craving for more. Even though that night I ate lots of good suckling pig, I still craves for the on in Marina SQuare foodcourt, because I only eat a few slices there everytime I visited I am teased to come back for more.
The fried rice is a little oily so that leaves a little disappointment and there was no room for the bbq pork pao so I cant review it fairly.

At night, again we have difficulty finding cab, so we walked n walked and stop at this dewan bandaraya kuching selatan, a very nice building tower but it was too dark and we were only at the entrance and it was a huge complex so no matter how good my flash, nothing could be captured moreover, i didnt bring a tripod around so it was impossible to take a pic
will blog more tom about shopping malls and my buysLabels: kuching trip
3:14 pm
|