|
TagS
Lombok Bali Trip December 2007
blabber
Road trip 1 (July 2007)
Anniversary dinner
Restaurant review
Kuching Trip (May 2007)
GPS
December trip to Korea n Japan (December 2006)
Shoppin' Buys
Movie Reviews
Travel in Singapore
Book Reviews
Catholics- related
Thailand Trip in March and May 2006
work-related
recently
Time to Finish Blogging bout mY december trip
Korea trip continues
Day 7 of Japan Korea Trip
My buys
Ajisen
SEOUL
OSAKA
More on Japan trip
Think Tofu at Bukit Timah Shopping centre
Updates updates
|
bienvenue
hello.
i'm competing at NUSSU travel service travel blog competition.
so make yourself welcome here and vote for me . :]
you'll leave a tag before you go, won't you?
|
WHO I am
Ferreroroche
the travel, eating and shopping addict
the Poor Student
the loved one
the photographer
ferreroroche@gmail.com
> SALE LISTS
My LJ
|
the continuous chain SHOUTS
LInKs
ieat
les DAmes
ChubbyHubby
SmallPotatoes
FrieNds
PaT
Sher
EngHooi
ChYorK
Chee Kiang
El
ViViaN
Jing Ting
Edo
Re2N
MariTa
ErLin
SiYing
MinHwee
TuAn
JoleNe
ErWin
CeDar 4C
Anes
CL
layout by: detonatedlove♥
|
Wednesday, June 20, 2007
Eastern Dragon Restaurant near Holiday Plaza, JB •
Ok I better be a good blogger and not be lazy anymore, time to clear all my pics
This restaurant is located across the Causeway in JB, I dont have the exact address but its located just across the road from Holiday Plaza in Johor Bahru Its quite a big restaurant and I think its quite established judging from the huge sharksfin and lobsters on display as well as the prices and the crowd

here is the table settings

and the surroundings filled with old cabinets and aquarium cramped with huge lobsters and sharksfin
Our orders,

On the left, prawns cooked with herbs and chilli, one of their signature dish and I love it, well basically I love prawns and this amateur blogger can only say that the prawns are well cooked and fresh,
someone wanna sponsor me a prawn buffet so that I have more vocabulary to describe prawns :P
in the Middle is the tofu dish, well whenever I ate out with MrK, the dishes we ordered will be one main (meat/seafood) dish, one vege dish and one tofu dish. The tofu is the silky kind that MrK like, Mom called it Japanese Tofu and it is cooked with gambas (I dunno the english word yet) but this green veg has jelly like fluid inside and it is soft like jelly as well, anyone wanna enlighten me? and black fungus. Overall it is another good dish, because I like all the ingredients and they are cooked well.
Last is the fish, I forgot what kind of fish but I remember it being very soft fresh and it is cooked in sweet sour sauce which is just nice and I love the fish alot, so does MrK and this dish is the most expensive dish

This is the vege dish, very smooth and good and fresh, needless to say we finish all of it

This is our rice, when eating out, it is a habit of MrK not to order normal white rice, he always wanted to try other rice on offer, usually he will go with the fried rice, MrK's fave dish. but other times such as this 'Still in CNY mood' period he goes with this glutinous rice which he said will only be available during this CNY kind period.
The rice itself is not bad, but to me its just so-so and nothing special
The bill was ard 120 RM so its around $50, quite good considering the 5 dishes plus chinese tea. Overall I would rate the restaurant 3.5/5 -1 point for displaying such blatant act of crime to animal rights by having huge sharks fin -.5 point for its location in JB, too far for us to eat often, food wise its quite perfect
too bad we didnt get to try the suckling pigLabels: restaurant review
6:09 pm
|