|
Tuesday, March 29, 2005
One Thousand Paper Cranes •
this is the title of the book I had just finished reading during Econs and Chem lecture today...A very sad book and I shed tears because of the book.
It is a very thin book and it is filled with pictures and drawings that move ur senses...the story is about a girl named Sadako Sasaki (not that long-haired sadako in Japanese horror movie), the girl was two yrs old when the "little boy" struck Hiroshima. She was very active when she was in elementary school...she was the fastest runner....but when she was in 7th grade...the Atomic Bomb Disease struck....and she died of horrible leukimia....the book is very touching as the author describes Sadako sufferings.....
She tried to fold a thousand paper cranes when she was in hospital battling her cancer ...as the Japanese believed if u folded 1000 cranes by yourself ur wish will come true....
In her illness she managed to fold almost 1600 cranes.... she has a memorial statue in Peace Park, Hiroshima... a place I will visit someday and on tat day I will definitely bring along some paper cranes in memory of Sadako and her gracious perseverance...I will learn how to fold the cranes first of course...since I don't know how to do it now...
This is Our cry this is Our prayer To create Peace in the WorldLabels: books
12:54 pm
|