|
TagS
Lombok Bali Trip December 2007
blabber
Road trip 1 (July 2007)
Anniversary dinner
Restaurant review
Kuching Trip (May 2007)
GPS
December trip to Korea n Japan (December 2006)
Shoppin' Buys
Movie Reviews
Travel in Singapore
Book Reviews
Catholics- related
Thailand Trip in March and May 2006
work-related
recently
Family matters mOst
HAppy CNY
TAIZE
Happy Valentine's day
The WALL
Book I am reading now
Sidney Sheldon
CATHOLIC AWARENESS WEEK
more movies
Movies
|
bienvenue
hello.
i'm competing at NUSSU travel service travel blog competition.
so make yourself welcome here and vote for me . :]
you'll leave a tag before you go, won't you?
|
WHO I am
Ferreroroche
the travel, eating and shopping addict
the Poor Student
the loved one
the photographer
ferreroroche@gmail.com
> SALE LISTS
My LJ
|
the continuous chain SHOUTS
LInKs
ieat
les DAmes
ChubbyHubby
SmallPotatoes
FrieNds
PaT
Sher
EngHooi
ChYorK
Chee Kiang
El
ViViaN
Jing Ting
Edo
Re2N
MariTa
ErLin
SiYing
MinHwee
TuAn
JoleNe
ErWin
CeDar 4C
Anes
CL
layout by: detonatedlove♥
|
Thursday, February 22, 2007
I am turning this to a FOOD blog •

First Up
the new 24 hrs Buffet restaurant Carousel
I visited it at ard midnite and left at around 2 am plus. I ate their supper buffet. The cheapest among all their buffet at $19.50 ++ per pax. They have other kinds of buffet such as the breakfast, lunch, tea, dinner and lastly supper.
I heard good reviews regarding their dinner buffet. But I was informed that it is a 24-hr restaurant and therefore I thought I would be able to sample their dinner buffet with fresh oyster and many other live cooking stalls
Alas, they only have the supper buffet, which is a tad disappointing
First up they have the cooked food such as Hokkien mee, Stingray (I like it) even though its been in the warmer like forever, carrot cake, szechuan chix. basically all the dishes. (about 10 of them)
and then there is the porridge bar (with many different kinds of condiment) the small dimsum( it sucks) area and some duck meat to go with the porridge i presume
there is a small salad and cheese bar too, 2 types of 'live' cooking (not exactly live cos the stuff are pre-cooked but served by the chef, I think they do omelletes too) which is mee siam and satay (both are just OK)
There is the Dessert area which i like (the cakes are good so is the hot dessert and fruits) the SArawak pineapple is great, so is watermelon and the chng tng and kue kue
here is some pics,

the sambal squid, tofu (both are quite good)

the hokkien mee and sth else

the dimsums ( the har gaos and sth else was eaten alrd)
I didnt take pics of the dessert though...well cakes n fruits looks the same dont they...the buffet doesnt offer any fancy cakes anyway


the art exhibition outside the restaurant, they have many such interesting colours and art in display I like it
the place is really nicely done
but asked whether i will go back? ...No i wont ..oh well maybe next time to try their more 'proper' buffet such as their dinner buffet.
but then again, I hate buffets, make me fat and some of the food not proffesionally done. I'll settle for restaurant food anytime. Well degustation menu will be good. but Mr.K always hate to settle for such set menus
More comingLabels: restaurant review
1:09 pm
|